Bleu Barn Bistro, food truck and catering in Charlotte, NC is hiring a full-time entry-level Line Cook to assist with all facets of food prep and operation. Must have fairly open availability – typically Sunday and Monday off – other nights are typically done by 10pm (with occasional exceptions).
- Loading food truck, setting up, and stocking stations with all necessary supplies and food for the day.
- Hot and cold line cooking.
- Preparing food daily utilizing various cutting and cooking techniques.
- Cooking menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Comply with menu standards and ensure that food items come out in a high quality and timely fashion. Must have quick ticket times.
- Drop off and onsite catering.
- Clean up station based on standards of operation, and abiding by Mecklenburg County Heath Department regulations.
- One year of professional kitchen experience preferred. Culinary school students will also be considered.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Qualified candidates must also have have reliable transportation and be able to withstand high heat and cold temperatures. Chef uniform required for special events.
Interested applicants, please eMail resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.