UNCG Catering, a service of Chartwells, in Greensboro, NC is looking for a full-time Sous Chef to supervise hourly food service associates. Includes interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, and participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action, as appropriate – in addition to preparing food following approved recipes and production standards.
- Ensures all deadlines are met based on production orders.
- Stores food in designated areas following all corporate, state and federal food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ensures proper food handling, presentation, portion control and maintenance of appropriate serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies, and utensils. Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area.
- Keeps display equipment clean and feee of debris during meal service to comply with all sanitation, safety, production and merchandising requirements.
- Interacts with customers to resolve complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner. Relays relevant information directly to supervisor.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of daily menu items and accurately explains them to associates and customers.
- Keeps up with peak production and service hours.
- Monitors inventory and deliveries of product and supplies. Tracks product production, consumption and waste. Informs supervisor when supplies or product are low.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have a Culinary Degree plus 3-5 years’ previous professional kitchen experience – catering and supervisory experience preferred. ServSafe Certified. Also, must have a basic knowledge of portion control, cost control, safety and sanitation logs, and inventory procedures.