Windcrest Farm Organics – Seed Starting & Plant Propagation
February 24 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
PCG Member Mary Roberts will guide you through a hands-on experience in a Certified Organic greenhouse to learn how to successfully grow your own vegetable, herb, and flower transplants. Learn the optimal conditions for growing seedlings from the early stages of plant growth up to the transplanting stage.
- Desirable characteristics of propagation media and common container formats
- Sowing seeds
- Managing irrigation
- When and how to deliver supplemental fertilization
- How to manage pests and pathogens
- Getting transplants ready for the field
Cost: $40 in advance or 2 for $75 / $45 at the door. Registration fee includes a seeding tray, soil media and seeds.
Class size limited to 12 students.
How To RegisterClick Here To Purchase Online
Mail Check: Windcrest Farm, 518 Greenfield Drive, Monroe, NC 28112
Call Mary at 704.764.7746 … or email mroberts@WindcrestOrganics.com
- February 24
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Event Category:
- PCG Member Event
- Event Tags:
- Educational Event, Farm Event