It’s a battle for culinary supremacy in the City of Charlotte!
On August 30, five chefs representing Piedmont Culinary Guild will square off against five chefs representing the North Carolina chapter of the American Culinary Federation in Queen City Food Fight.
This is a team format event. Each team will work together to create three courses each.
Piedmont Culinary Guild Team:
- Paul Verica, Chef/Owner, Heritage Food & Drink
- Ashley Boyd, Pastry Chef/Owner, 300 East
- Marc Jacksina, Executive Chef, Earl’s Grocery
- Blake Hartwick, Executive Chef, Bonterra
- Jon Fortes, Chef/Owner, Flipside Café
NC Chapter of the American Culinary Federation Team:
- Jason Ziobrowski, Chef, InHarvest
- Kris Siuta, Executive Chef, Carowinds
- Philip Lloyd, Chef/Instructor, The Art Institute of Charlotte
- Melissa Toth, Independent Chef
- Emma Barnes, Pastry Chef/Instructor, CPCC
Attendees will sample them all and vote for The People’s Champion.
A panel of local celebrities will make a Judge’s Decision. Judges are: Josh Norman, Cornerback, Carolina Panthers; Kathleen Purvis, Food Editor, The Charlotte Observer; and Matt Morano, Meteorologist, TWC News.
In addition to the food, there will be cocktails especially created for the event by PCG member Kevin Gavagan of Haunt Bar – featuring North Carolina’s own Copper Barrel moonshine. North Carolina wines and local beer will also be featured.
Ticket cost is $85.00 ($88.12 with ticket fee) and includes all dishes and three alcohol beverage tickets.
The last several PCG events sold out well in advance. Don’t be caught outside for this unique and delicious culinary throwdown.
Punch the button and get your tickets to Queen City Food Fight today!
Queen City Food Fight
Sunday, August 30, 2015
4:00 – 7:00 PM
Philip L. Van Every Culinary Arts Center – CPCC
425 N Kings Dr
Charlotte, NC 28204