Tega Hills Farm, in Tega Cay, SC, has an immediate need for part-time and full-time Farm Crew Members to perform a variety of tasks related to the growing, harvesting, packing, and delivering of hydroponically-grown produce. These positions will average 20 to 40 hours per week. Wages commensurate with experience.
Candidates must physically capable of hard work, in often less-than-ideal weather conditions, including bending, pulling, lifting up to 50 lb.
- Planting, transplanting and harvesting; in greenhouses and in the field
- Insect and disease control
- Equipment identification, operation and maintenance
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Crop maintenance, which includes trellising, pruning, cleaning
- Adherence to all food safety protocols
- Record keeping for harvesting, maintenance, planting, packing
- Packing produce for retail and restaurant sales
- Retail customer sales
- Learning delivery route and making deliveries
Agricultural experience is preferred, but we will train the right candidates. Must have clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and be willing to submit to a drug test.
Interested and qualified applicants, please eMail cover letter (say why you want to work for Tega Hills Farm and how your experience and education will benefit the business), resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.