Willow’s Bistro, in Winston-Salem, NC is hiring a full-time Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries, and other sweet goods. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary trends with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. The goal for is to recreate desserts from the past and fuse them with modern-trendy techniques.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
Required Skills / Experience
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker, or relevant role
- In-depth knowledge of, food preparation, baking techniques, current trends
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organization and leadership skills
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
Interested applicants should email resume and references to: email@example.com.